At Florida Center for Allergy & Asthma Care we are committed to the well-being of all patients and members of the staff. It is important that patients continue to come and see us because if you suffer from asthma you may be at higher risk of developing complications from COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses.
COVID-19 VACCINE ANNOUNCEMENT
1. Our 19 offices are open during regular business hours however we have made several changes to the general hours of operations (always verify with the office and the website first) and to our standard operating procedures following the recommendation of the CDC and the Florida Department of Health.
2. Patients are pre-screened for potential exposure prior to scheduling an appointment and as soon as they arrive to our offices.
3. Both the frequency and the scope of our office cleaning protocols have been increased to help ensure safety of patients and members of our staff.
4. In an effort to exercise ‘social distancing’ we ask our adult patients to come to their visit alone. If the patient is a minor, only one parent or legal guardian may accompany the child. Please note, we can accommodate for patients to wait for their turn in the car by special request.
5. We ensure physical distancing among our patients by limiting the amount of available seating.
6. We require for each patient to wear their own mask.
7. To prevent transmission of infection we require our staff to do: Self-assessments, temperature taking, laundering of uniforms, wearing masks and gloves, frequent hand washing.
8. Check this link for Florida vaccine locations: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/
9. TELEMEDICINE: Don’t delay care. Some conditions cannot wait. We provide health care to you in person and via video and telephone visits. Not all illnesses can be treated by telemedicine but we help determine if a telemedicine or in-office appointment is best for you.
10. REMEMBER the 3 Ws: wash your hands, watch your distance, wear a mask.
Please stay healthy!
The FCAAC team