Sometimes called Immunologist, are specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of allergies, asthma and immune deficiency disorders. Allergists in the United States have completed medical school, at least three years of residency in pediatrics or internal medicine, then at least two years of specialized training in allergy and immunology. To be Board- Certified, they must pass an examination given by the American Board of Allergy* and Immunology. To maintain their board-certification, allergists must regularly attend continuing medical education programs in allergy and immunology. After completing medical school and graduating with a medical degree, physicians undergo three years of training in internal medicine or pediatrics and pass the exam of either the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP). Make certain you are treated by an expert.

Start typing and press Enter to search